Saturday, January 4, 2014

HANDMADE BIRTHDAY CARDS

This blog has moved to www.sofiaclara.com - stop by the new blog to say hello and check out more recent posts!
 
When I was younger I always made sure to keep a few birthday cards in a drawer ready to pop in the postbox when a close friend or family member's birthday was coming up. The last few years studies and work got the better of me and I stopped sending cards by post. I thought I'd start this year off by bringing back this little tradition and making some handmade cards. I've also filled my diary up with important dates and stocked up on stamps.

These are the four different designs a friend and I made. I think the best idea is to sketch out your ideas and then just go for it. Don't be afraid of making mistakes - I love the handmade look of these cards and when you do make a mistake just stick a band of wrapping paper over it and try again!

Supplies: plain cards and envelopes, 4-5 different coloured wrapping paper (1 of which has Happy Birthday written on it), string, glue, paper scissors, a needle. Method: Cut Happy Birthday letters out. Cut strips of wrapping paper. Glue strips of paper onto string like little flags and glue on the letters. Using a needle push the string through a corner of the card, tie in a knot and trim. Repeat on the other side. Once your bunting is attached add the "Birthday" letters to the bottom of the card on top of a band of wrapping paper or straight onto the card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...